This file folder travel felt board is easy to make!
How to Make a Simple Felt Board for Travel or Quiet Time
- One sheet of felt – make sure it’s the regular kind, not the stiff type. You want to choose a color that is different from the color of the shapes you intend to use with the board. Craft felt works fine for this activity.
- File folder
- Glue stick
- Trim the felt to fit inside the file folder
- Cover the back of the felt with glue using the glue stick. If you’re using liquid glue, spread it very thinly – otherwise it will soak through the felt and make it so that felt shapes don’t stick as well
- attach felt to inside of file folder
- Enjoy :)
Emma’s new travel felt board with a “castle” created using some of the geometric shapes from these activities.
And with her dress-up bear:
More Travel Felt Board Activities
Here are some more felt board activities your kids can enjoy doing with this board:
If you are looking for more polished looking felt board shapes, Living Felt Visuals sells fun ready-made felt pieces. Here are a few of their fun sets:
- Three Little Pigs Felt Board Set
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Felt Board Set
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear Felt Board Set
- Wild Animals Felt Board Set
- Calendar Felt Set
- Emotions Felt Figures
- Pete the Cat Flannelboard Set