Jenny from Our Nifty Notebook tagged me to answer these questions:
- What was your favorite childhood show/cartoon?
I didn’t have a television growing up, but I loved Mr. Roger’s neighborhood, especially the bit where he explained how different things worked. I wasn’t very keen on the makebelieve bit. And I LOVED the typewriter on Sesame Street, which my husband doesn’t remember every seeing and was convinced I had invented until I found it on youtube. I remember finding this one especially clever.
- What does your child/children want to be for Halloween? (At my house, this changes daily, so just use their latest idea)
Emma wants to be Tinkerbell (and has an outfit). Johnny usually wants to be a bear (and has a costume), but occasionally decides he wants to be his favorite letter, T. Maybe he’ll be a bear with a T on his tummy? Lily is going as a ladybug, at Emma’s request. =)
- What’s your favorite color?
Blue. But pink and purple were my favorites for years, so much so that I spent hours of my childhood coloring entire sheets of paper pink and purple.
- What is your go to recipe for parties or get togethers?
I just learned how to make my own butternut squash ravioli, so that’s my current favorite for dinners. Otherwise I love pumpkin chocolate chip cookies from scratch and the triple chocolate Ghirardelli brownie mix.
- What’s your favorite website?
Google reader =)
- Do you have a favorite family tradition?
Three things I liked today every evening.
- If you had an extra $500, what would you do with it?
Put it towards plane tickets to visit family.
- Has your child/children started their Christmas list yet?
They don’t know you can write a Christmas list. But we talk about Christmas every week (nearly every day), and I just ordered Calico Critters (on sale at Barnes and Noble, if you are looking for some).
And then Susana from Our Homeschool Fun tagged me to answer these questions:
- What do you worry most about (that is, if you are a worrier like myself)?
The people I love who fight depression every single day.
- What is the one food you could not give up (and yes, chocolate is a food group)?
Blueberries. Or sugar snap peas fresh from the garden, if I could actually get my hands on some for once. Preferably my grandpa’s garden…
- What is something that you do not like doing on a daily basis, but you do anyway?
Cleaning. I never do as much of it as I should, either.
- What meal do you cook most for dinner?
Pasta-based dishes. Because I can fix them quickly on the (many) days I realize it’s 5pm and I haven’t started dinner.
- How many times per week do you cook on average–a real meal, Eggos and/or chicken nuggets do not count:-).
- Do you have a tattoo? (and no, for the record, I do not :-) )
- Who is your favorite children’s author?
Martin Waddell – in part because of the fantastic illustrators he works with.
- What is your favorite fragrance, ie, perfume, body splash, lotion?
- What is your favorite nice place to eat out without kids?
We don’t really eat out, but if we did I’d probably pick somewhere with good Japanese or Thai food.
And here are my questions:
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- If you could travel anywhere instantly, for a single afternoon, where would you go?
- What’s something quirky or funny that you remember doing as a child?
I’m not going to tag any specific people, but I’d love an answer to any of the questions in this post in the comments (or on your blog, just let me know so I can drop by to read your answers?)