These baked sweet potato fries are about as easy as healthy treats come! I love that they are also very kid friendly. I have always loved sweet potatoes, but I have never eaten them much because when I mash them I’m the only one who eats them. I throw them in soups from time to time, but since learning this trick they have become a family favorite.
How to Make Baked Sweet Potato Fries
The crisper mat shown above is the secret to these sweet potato fries. When I use this mat, all I have to do is slice the potato into fry shapes. It’s so easy that even Mike has taken to making them for snacks. Nine-year-old Emma often mixes up a combination of mayonnaise, ketchup, and barbeque sauce to dip them in (about two parts mayonnaise to one part ketchup and one part barbeque sauce), but they are delicious on their own.
The crisper mat was one of Amazon’s shopping suggestions for me. That store knows me way too well, but usually their suggestions don’t make it past my wish list. I’m glad this one did! It is super easy to use; this is how you use it to make sweet potato fries:
- Start the oven heating to 375 degrees (Fahrenheit)
- Wash your sweet potato
- Slice your sweet potato into fry-shaped wedges
- Place your sweet potato wedges on the crisper mat. No oil is needed!
- Bake at 375 degrees (Fahrenheit) for 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of your fries. Thinner fries will bake more quickly.
Emma’s Sweet Potato Dip
I mostly eat these plain, but Mike, Emma, and Lily love dipping their sweet potato fries in this dip:
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon barbeque sauce
Stir together and serve with fries. The fries taste best served warm.
Here are some more healthy treats that we love in our family:
- Kid-Friendly Smoothies (No Sugar Added)
- Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cinnamon Pumpkin Brownies
Do you have a favorite healthy treat for us to try?