We have had a long winter in Massachusetts this year, but it is finally starting to look like spring! When temperatures hit 50 degrees (Fahrenheit) on Wednesday, my New England kids thought it was summer. We went to Emma’s school and they spent two hours running delightedly around the playground!
Right now, our yard still looks a lot like this:
But the snow is melting, and I’m starting to plan out my spring gardening and landscaping projects. We are lucky to have an absolutely stunning yard, and the kids are old enough this year to play nearby while I get some yard and garden projects done – they may even be able to help with some of them! I’m feeling pretty ambitious, so we’ll see what I get done. I’m thrilled to be getting some help from The Home Depot Spring DIY program, and I’m planning to try out a few of the projects featured on the Garden Club on The Home Depot website.
I have been a member of The Home Depot’s Garden Club since 2009 – nearly as long as I’ve been running this blog! The Home Depot Garden Club features region-specific lawn and garden ideas, expert advice, how-to videos, and monthly to-do lists. You’ll also get $5 off a $50 garden-related purchase when you sign up, and further savings opportunities throughout the year!
Here are a few yard and garden projects I’m hoping to tackle this spring:
- Make our front patio look nicer. It’s concrete, with chipping red paint. The back patio is concrete, too, but it doesn’t have the chipping paint! Maybe we’ll try Envirotile?
- Trim our front hedges, and do something (pull out?) the dwarf pine trees that always look terrible because water dripping off our roof kills the branches on one side of them.
- Work out a better vertical growth system for our raised garden than the random bamboo stakes I used last year.
- Figure out if there is a way to chipmunk-proof our strawberries and blueberries.
- See if I can prevent the blossom stem rot (at least, I think that’s what it is) that made my tomatoes turn black last year.
What projects are you hoping to tackle this spring?
It’s home improvement time, and The Home Depot has everything you need for spring. No matter what projects you want to tackle, The Home Depot has you covered and can help you #DigIn to spring.
Spring is the perfect time for all your outdoor home renovations. Shop The Home Depot for terrific values on new patio furniture, landscape supplies such as fertilizer and potting soil and outdoor grills. Keep your lawn and garden looking great, too, with the huge selection of lawn mowers, edgers and trimmers, and garden tools.
Visit The Home Depot Garden Club for product ideas from kick-starting your Spring with seed starter kits to building a window birdfeeder.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The Home Depot.