This DIY snow ornament is so simple to make that kids can put it together with just a little bit of supervision! They make sweet handmade Christmas gifts for teachers and family. You may also like our polymer clay snowman ornaments.
Some links on this site are affiliate links and I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. Click on the images and blue text to be taken to links. Thank you! Learn more.
We moved to California from Massachusetts over five years ago, and the snow is still something the kids really miss. The kids love reading snow-themed books like The Snowy Day. We created this craft to bring a little bit of snow to our California Christmas tree. It’s one of the “fancier” of our handmade tree ornaments, along with this beautiful baby handprint ornament.
Snow Ornament Tutorial
This ornament is really easy to make! Here’s what you need:
A funnel is also useful, although you can used a rolled-up sheet of plain paper.
How to Make a Snow Ornament
- Remove the top of your ornament.
- Pour in some of the Sparkling Snow. We find the ornament looks best if it is one third to one half full of snow.
- Replace the lid.
- Attach an ornament hook or ribbon.
- Add your ornament to the tree.
These snow ornaments were super fast to make. We think they would work well as as class Christmas craft or any other kind of group Christmas craft.
More Snow Picture Books for Kids
This ornament pairs beautifully with any snow themed picture book for kids. Here are a few of my favorites:
- SNOW features stunning illustrations.
- The Story of Snow is a beautifully illustrated book about where snow comes from.
- Snowflake Bentley tells the story of one of a man who taught the world about snowflakes through stunning photography.
- We love Red Sled for its onomatopoeic words that bring our memories of snow to life.
10 Days of a Kid-Made Christmas
This post is part of the 10 Days of a Kid-Made Christmas celebration. Click on the image below to find more great Christmas crafting inspiration! Today Glitter on a Dime shared lovely beaded candy cane ornaments that are fun and easy to make. Feels Like Home shared beautiful DIY sequined ornaments that my kids are anxious to make!
My kids are always looking for new crafts to try. Do you have a favorite Christmas craft that kids can make? We would love for you to share your crafts in the comments below, on my Facebook page, or by tagging me on Instagram.