- Mixed frozen vegetables (This time I used the stir fry mix from Costco, but I’ve used their organic veggie mix in the past if you prefer more standard American veggies)
- 1 12oz. can turkey (may be substituted with beans or lentils)
- 1 cup quinoa, well rinsed (otherwise it will have a bitter taste to it)
- 1 tsp sage
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- chicken base or bouillion, or a veggie soup base
- salt to taste
Put everything into a 4 quart slow cooker. I didn’t put an amount for the veggies; put them in first and they should take up 1/3 to 1/2 of the space.
Add everything else (enough water to cover the top) and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
This soup is gluten-free with the right soup base, although if you’re cooking for someone with celiac’s disease make sure they can have quinoa (some can’t).