I love these fun and simple sewing projects for kids! All can be sewn by hand, and a few can be done by machine if preferred.
Simple Sewing Projects for Kids
These simple sewing projects for kids were created as part of Sew a Softie month. I love this annual event that gets kids sewing!
- Felt. We used nice craft felt for our project. 100% wool felt would have been nicer, but this worked well enough. One project did use tea towels, one used an old sweater, and others used cotton fabric.
- Fabric shears (these cut through felt like butter, unlike many household scissors).
- Needle and thread.
- Clover Wonder clips.
- Buttons and beads.
And Now the Tutorials
Check out this year’s tutorials. I’ve listed them left to right, top to bottom based on the image above.
- Mini Softie in a Jar
- Portrait Bag Tag
- DIY Emoji Pillows
- Teach Kids to Design and Sew Stuffed Toys Based on Drawings
- Handmade Little House
- Woolly Jumper Creatures
- Dachshund Softie
- Mia the Bunny Softie
- Tea Towel Softies
- How to Sew a Star Softie
- Dinosaur Softie
- Strawberry Plushie
- Harry Hippo
More Simple Sewing Projects for Kids
Here are a few more simple sewing projects my kids enjoy. Be sure to check out my complete sewing tutorial list as well.
- Sew a felt cat – also a dog and butterfly (free pattern included)
- Tiny felt animals for kids to sew
- Adorable felt giraffe (free pattern included)
- Super-simple Superhero capes
- Felt pumpkin pie (free pattern included)
- Felt sandwich set
- Easy first sewing project for kids
This woodland animals sewing kit is also a lot of fun, if you’re looking for a kit: