I love setting monthly goals as a way of providing a focus for the month. In March I finished some long-WIP fabric baskets as part of a March goal. I’m so glad they’re out of the closet and being used! What are your April 2018 goals?
I write these monthly goals posts on my blog because they help me get things done! Last month, I FINALLY finished these fabric baskets that my daughter Emma and I started sewing at Snap! when we went two years ago! We haven’t made it back to the conference (yet), but we had a blast the one time we went, and it was so nice to finally get these out of the closet and into use! Emma sewed most of hers – I just helped at the end. Hers is the one with cream colored buttons; they both have wonky elements but are both very usable.
The sewing class was run by the U Create crew, but I couldn’t find a tutorial or pattern for it online. Let me know if you find one?
Let’s Look at March Goals
- Exploring the Five Senses with Books: What a Wonderful World
- Use Books to Teach Kids About Conservation
- Garden Book Activities for Children Everywhere
- Robot Books and Activities for Kids
Unfortunately, I completely abandoned my Top Toy Finds site. I have several posts in the works, but none are finished.
I did keep on blogging here, including posts about Anna’s Kindergarten Homeschool Curriculum, Lily’s 3rd Grade Homeschool Curriculum, and Emma’s 6th Grade Homeschool Curriculum. The girls have enjoyed their homeschool year thus far, but we are also all very happy to have spring break this week!
And, as you saw above, I got some sewing done! March was actually a bit of a return to crafting in general, as I also worked on projects with polymer clay and wool fiber.
Setting April 2018 Goals
Some links on this site are affiliate links and I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you! Learn more.
We’ve been in our new home for over four months now, and I am finally feeling settled and organized enough that I am getting more things done. There is still organizing left to work on, but the unmoving has reached a very livable phase.
We enjoyed starting April off with Easter celebrations, dying eggs with friends and sharing an Easter dinner with friends. California doesn’t really have a winter season, but April will likely mean more sunshine. Mike has a business trip this month after uncharacteristically being home for ALL of March. The kids have state testing, which is time consuming. We are all excited to escape to a cabin in the Sierras at the end of the month. It will be a work trip for Mike, but a very fun one where we get to come along.
So, about those goals:
- Work on finishing move-in touches, including hanging pictures!
- Finish reading Listen. This is a parenting book that one of my sisters recommended. I’m enjoying and learning from it so far.
- Prep kids for testing so they know what to expect.
- Keep sewing.
- Finish a complete draft of my ebook.
- Enjoy our trip to the Sierras.
- Keep taking pictures. I quit for a while when we were busy moving, and I’m just getting back into the rhythm of photographing more of our days. It’s a process I enjoy, and I appreciate the memories.