These little felt heart bears are easy to sew. They make the perfect DIY Valentine’s Day gift for children through adults! Post includes tutorial and a free pattern.
Some links on this site are affiliate links and I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you! Learn more.
Sew This Sweet Bear for Valentine’s Day – Free Bear Pattern and Tutorial
What You'll Find on This Page
This small teddy bear for Valentine’s Day is easy to sew! Here is everything you need:
Materials to Sew a Bear for Valentine’s Day
- Embroidery needles with sharp tips
- Embroidery floss (if you choose to embroider the face; we did not) and thread
- Stuffing (We used Fairfield Poly-Fil)
- Wool felt or polyester felt. Wool is nicer, but also more expensive. We used polyester this time.
- Ultra fine Sharpie pens or fabric markers if you choose to draw on a face.
Here are some optional but helpful add-ons that simplify the sewing process.
- Tweezers – for getting stuffing into tight spaces.
- #2 pencil or chopsticks. Also useful for getting stuffing into tight places.
DIY Bear for Valentine’s Day Sewing Tutorial
This Valentine Bear is easy and fun to sew! Simply print out the template and cut out as directed by the pattern Stitch together using a whip stitch (what we used) or blanket stitch (if you wanted to a bit fancier).
You can sew the little heart on at the end, but I recommend sewing it to one layer first, before sewing the two sites of the bear together. You will also want to embroider the face on first, if you choose to embroider it instead of drawing. My girls are all drawing faces using Sharpie pens. This sewing project is easy enough that my four-year-old daughter was able to sew her bear completely on her own! She has even started to sew a second bear. My older girls are still working on their original bears – they have a lot less free time since they are currently in school.
More Valentine’s Day Fun for Kids
Are you looking for more DIY Valentine gifts? Check out this collection of softies you can sew for Valentine’s Day! Here are some cute Valentine’s Day activities for kids from this blog:
- Color-me heart friends
- Sew felt hearts
- Flannel board hearts
- Felt woven heart
- “I love you” handprint card
- Heart sensory board