Sweet softies to sew with and for the kids for Valentine’s Day. Free sewing patterns and tutorials to sew your own softies for Valentine’s Day.
Some links on this site are affiliate links and I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you! Learn more.
Easy to Sew Valentine’s Day Softies
This month I joined up with some fellow craft bloggers to put together this fun collection of handmade softies for Valentine’s Day. You can easily sew them using the included patterns and tutorials to give as gifts. They are also simple enough that your children can sew them!
All of these projects require only a few materials. Here are the basic materials that you need to make these projects.
- Felt. We used nice craft felt for this project. 100% wool felt would have been nicer, but this worked well enough.
- Muslin for the color-me heart friend
- Flannel for the X and O softies.a
- Crochet thread for the colourful bookmarks
- Fabric shears (these cut through felt like butter, unlike many household scissors).
- Needle and thread
- Clover Wonder clips. Wonder clips are an investment and you can get by without them, but we highly recommend them.
- Straight pins
- Fairfield Poly-fil Stuffing
- Patterns – follow the links below to find each project.
Softies for Valentine’s Day Bookworms
I love that some of these softies are for bookworms!
- Colourful bookmarks – hearts, flowers, and a tiny bee!
- Sweetheart bookmarks
Softies to Cuddle on Valentine’s Day
Sometimes you really need a hug on Valentine’s Day. These little softies are great to hold and hug. Some are large and some are small, but they all send love.
- Adorable heart-faced cat softies
- A bear with a heart that is stored in a pocket
- X and O stuffies – a fun way to send hugs and kisses!
- Color-me heart friend that can be decorated over and over.
- Sweet heart bear
- Valentine hearts
Softies to Make Friends Smile on Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day can be a lonely day. These softies are guaranteed to bring a smile to anyone’s face!
- Rhonda wears heart sunnies (sunglasses!)
- Grumpy Cat!
- Puppy love softie
- Valentine flowers
- Heart treat bag
These softies for Valentine’s Day take only minutes to make. Which ones will you make first?
Do you have a tutorial or pattern we can use to make more another fun softie for Valentine’s Day? Please share links and photos of any Valentine softies you make on my Facebook page, or tag me on Instagram.
MaryAnne lives is a craft loving educator, musician, photographer, and writer who lives in Silicon Valley with her husband Mike and their four children.
4 thoughts on “Cute, Easy to Sew Softies for Valentines Day – Free Tutorials”
I loved making softies when I was a child. I’m glad it’s still something that kids enjoy!
These are all so cute! You do a really good job sharing these simple crafts.
These softies are gorgeous! I hope your kids had a great V-Day!
Such a great way to celebrate Valentines Day!
Comments are closed.