Happy July! June was a fun and busy month for my family! We thoroughly enjoyed a more relaxed schedule with school out for the year. No more running from school to school for me! We enjoyed spending time with friends and family. My kids are particularly enchanted by their baby cousin V! We are at the tail end of our visit to Massachusetts now, and it has been a wonderful trip! Mike has spent nearly the entire time working, but the kids and I have thoroughly enjoyed spending time with my sister, seeing our favorite sights, and visiting friends. I have especially enjoyed the open space, green landscape, and all the trees – so many trees, everywhere! Keeping June goals simple was a great thing for our family, so I plan to use the same approach in setting monthly goals for July.
But before I move on to July goals, I couldn’t resist sharing this photo of Anna’s Owie Doll, who joined the other kids’ Owie dolls on this trip. Anna named her “Baby”, and she sleeps with her most nights. If you want to give doll-making a try, I highly recommend this kit!
Mama Smiles – Joyful Parenting
Happily Ever Mom
Kids Yoga Stories
Lemon Lime Adventures
The Educators’ Spin On It
The Life of Jennifer Dawn
- Get unpacked once we get home. Theme: responsibility
- Enjoy my birthday! Theme: gratitude
- Continue to enjoy having free time. Theme: simplicity
- Make the most of BlogHer – my first big blog conference! Theme: education
- Plan (probably very simple, at Lily’s request) birthday celebrations for Lily and Anna, who turn five and two at the beginning of August. How do kids grow up so quickly?! Theme: gratitude
And I’m going to stop there – in pursuit of my word of the year (peace) and because simplicity is an easy way to increase quality of life!
What are you hoping to get done in July? I hope you’ll join us in linking up your goals. I find that setting monthly goals helps me focus my life, and linking up with other bloggers helps me stay motivated!