I set monthly goals to focus on things I care about and to focus on what I want to accomplish. Here are my monthly goals for June 2022.
Some links on this site are affiliate links and I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you! Learn more.
First, How was May?
What You'll Find on This Page
A lot happened in my house in May. We said goodbye to my grandmother, as well as to the mother of a friend. The Uvalde tragedy ripped our souls wide open.
My grandmother’s funeral offered the opportunity to return to my childhood farm, and show my children that part of my life. I was able to spend time with my dad, all of my surviving cousins, and all nine of my siblings.
Our local high school struggled to keep up with a rash of teacher absences due to burn out, illness, and other factors, so I also started substitute teaching in May. I only helped a handful of days, and I appreciated getting a look at what life in our local public high school really looks like. I liked the kids, but found the amount of time students spend sitting in front of a computer screen pretty depressing.
My baby brother was able to visit at the end of the month, and we enjoyed celebrating his thirtieth birthday with him.
What About May Goals?
How did I do with my May 2022 goals? I got some decent blogging done this month. Not as much as I would like, but it’s progress!
We found accommodation and booked most of our travel for this fall when we will be in Europe. Now I just need the world to stop falling apart so it can all happen.
I launched my new journaling book, and it’s doing well! I really love the questions in this book, and it’s thrilling to read the reviews. If you are one of the kind souls who wrote a review, thank you thank you thank you! Reviews make or break a book.
The kids survived May, and with exactly one day of school left, I think they’ll make it to the end of the year. I do think it will be nice to return to home schooling this fall.
I did not record another song. Maybe in June.
My Monthly Goals for June 2022
Mike will be gone for most of June, so I’ll be doing a lot of solo parenting. Luckily it’s a lot easier now that my kids aren’t tiny any more. These days they even make their own business trip cake.
Here are my June goals:
- Keep blogging. Focus: work, persist, and build
- Sew. This month I bought the Create Room sewing table I’ve coveted for forever, and it makes it easier than ever to sew! For whatever reason, sewing is something I really enjoy, when I make the time for it. Focus: purpose
- Celebrate Father’s Day. Focus: encourage
- Create some loose structure for our summer. I’m a huge fan of children enjoying free time, but I find that they are happiest when that is mixed with a little bit of learning and responsibility. Focus: habit and purpose
- Keep working on music. Maybe record something, but like sewing this is an activity that brings me a lot of joy. Focus: encourage
- Work on figuring out homeschool curriculum for the fall. We will use a lot of the 8th grade materials I used in the past for Lily, but this will be my first time homeschooling 5th, 9th, and 11th grades. If you have recommendations, please let me know!
What’s with the words in italics? Heal is my word of the year for 2022, but I’m using the six words the word of the year generator gave me before “heal” as focus words (habit, persist, purpose, work, encourage, build).
What are your monthly goals for June 2022? Do you have any fun summer plans? Homeschool curriculum recommendations for me for this fall?
Share comments and feedback below, on my Facebook page, or by tagging me on Instagram. Sign up for my newsletter to receive book recommendations, crafts, activities, and parenting tips in your inbox every week.