Every month I decide on what I want to accomplish and think about what I want to focus on. Here are my monthly goals for February 2022.
How Did I Do on January Goals?
I did okay, but not awesome, with January goals. It was a month of things breaking. The dryer broke, and was broken for a week before we could get it repaired. The vacuum broke, and had to be replace. The printer also broke, and also had to be replaced. Even the dog broke (got sick; thankfully she is doing better).
I did finish my mystery quilt! It’s even entered in a fundraising vote competition. My quilt is #18 if you would like to vote for me! Basically, you make a donation, and then the amount you donate goes to votes that you can place all for one quilt or spread out as much as you like.
I started sewing a duffle bag since I finished the quilt. I also started working on plans for a quilt for Lily, although I need to finish the duffle bag before I start on the quilt.
Swimming went well. I didn’t ice skate as much as would maybe be ideal, but did get out on the ice.
My girls didn’t end up sewing much, but I helped them when they had time to sew.
Johnny’s basketball games were canceled, which was sad.
I got some more blogging done, but still want to increase that.
I brainstormed some closet organizing solutions, but did not actually organize the closet. I’m still figuring out what I want it to look like in the end.
My Monthly Goals for February 2022
I have some fun goals for this month. Heal is my word of the year for 2022, but I’m using the six words the word of the year generator gave me before “heal” as focus words (habit, persist, purpose, work, encourage, build):
- Celebrate Emma’s 16th birthday! Where do the years go? Focus: purpose
- Sew Anna and Lily Color Me Hearts for Valentine’s Day – I made those when Johnny and Emma were tiny, but Lily and Anna never got to decorate them.
- Pull out the Valentine’s Day mad libs my friend Andie wrote for me and enjoy some laughs with the kids.
- Work on the duffle bag (finish it? I’m not sure; it’s complicated so far). Focus: education
- Keep swimming and ice skate at least some. Focus: habit, persist, and build
- Work on my blog at least some every week day. Focus: work
- Do something fun to celebrate Valentine’s Day with Mike. Any recommendations? Focus: purpose
- Help the kids work through activities, schoolwork, and any challenges that come up. Focus: encourage
I think that will keep me busy, especially with this short month. February always flies by for me.
What are you hoping to accomplish this February? Do you set monthly goals?
Share comments and feedback below, on my Facebook page, or by tagging me on Instagram. Sign up for my newsletter to receive book recommendations, crafts, activities, and parenting tips in your inbox every week.