Setting monthly goals helps me prioritize what matters most in my life, and helps me separate the must-dos from the want-to-dos. Here are my monthly goals for August 2021.
Some links on this site are affiliate links and as an associate I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. Click on the images and blue text to be taken to links. Thank you! Learn more.
Highlights from July and Goals for August
July flew by in our home. I turned 41, and I took the kids on a road trip. We visited my very spry 93-year-old grandmother and then drove up to my family reunion in the Sawtooth mountains. The three hour gravel road was painful, but the view once there was incredible. We loved all the family time!
Our front left tire has a slow leak that the shop can’t find, but I had to pull out our power tire inflator several times. I’m glad technology like that exists. If anyone knows how to find a leak mechanics can’t find, please let me know… Our van is more than ten years old and needs to be replaced some time, but I’d like for it to live a while longer.
On the way, we stopped at my brother’s house. He was fostering some puppies, and the kids were thrilled!
We came home and Mike took the kids to Disneyland. And, suddenly, the entire month was gone. I’m still not sure where it went. My 2021 July goals were at least super simple, and I’m happy to say I mostly accomplished them. You may have noticed this site was pretty quiet. Hopefully that will change in August!
Monthly Goals for August 2021
School starts EARLY in August for my children. This fall they are all going to public school. Hopefully that works well. But I am not teaching this fall, so could always switch them back to homeschool if needed.
I hope to get a few more things done with the kids all in school. Here are the goals I have for August:
- Swim every weekday. Focus: mindfulness
- Get out on a date with Mike once a week. Between a pandemic and his cancer diagnosis (he’s fine post radiation, thankfully!), this past year was crazy. We’ve been better about working in dates for a few months now, but I think it would be fun to get a little more organized with them. If you have fun date night ideas, I’m all ears! Focus: gratitude
- Celebrate Lily, Anna, and Mike’s birthdays. August is a busy birthday month for my family. Focus: gratitude
- Get the kids all settled in at school. Focus: education
- Start writing my second book. Here’s the first one, if you missed it. Focus: education
- Sew. I’m finally putting together a very complicated Annie Unrein messenger bag kit that I bought ages ago. Well, so far I cut most of the pieces out. Hopefully it will get stitched together in August! Focus: education
That should be more than enough to keep me busy.
What are your goals for August 2021?
Share comments and feedback below, on my Facebook page, or by tagging me on Instagram. Sign up for my newsletter to receive book recommendations, crafts, activities, and parenting tips in your inbox every week.