Do you set monthly goals? I love this approach to staying focused and getting things done. Share your monthly goals for May 2018 in the comments!
April was a lovely month in our house. Our entire family’s favorite part was the four days we spent together in the Sierras at the end of the month. I got to take a landscape photography class, which taught me that I have a LOT to learn about photographing landscapes! I still got some cool photos – like the tree above and the image with the lake in it below.
April goals were not so awesome. The kids’ testing went fine, but I didn’t make much progress on final move-in touches. We didn’t hang a single photo! I didn’t finish reading Listen, either. This is at least partly because I’m taking copious notes while reading to use in a life skills type class I teach a couple times a month.
I did read A River in Darkness: One Man’s Escape from North Korea, and found the descriptions of starvation especially haunting. It’s a book well worth reading, and one I’ve added to my “for my kids to read when they are older” list.
I started sewing a Laura Ingalls Wilder inspired dress for my five-year-old daughter, Anna.
I did not finish my ebook. In fact, I didn’t work on it at all.
I took some photos, although not as many as I would like to. I’m still working on keeping my camera out at home, a habit I broke out of when I was busy selling our condo and moving into the new place, all during the busy “everyone wants photos taken for their holiday cards so that’s where I am using my camera the most” season.
The trip of the Sierras was wonderful, and very easy to enjoy.
Setting Goals for May 2018
May is a busy month in our house! Goals are focused on the big things happening this month:
- Enjoy a visit from my aunt, uncle, and cousin. These are family members I rarely get to see, and I am thrilled to have them visit us.
- Have a wonderful time with my sister and her family at LEGOLAND. We love all things LEGO, so this is super exciting.
- Finish up the school year for all four kids.
- Plan our June-July trip to Scotland and England! Mike is taking students again; the kids and I come along but are mostly on our own as to how we spend our time. We did most of the Edinburgh touristy stuff when we were in Scotland in 2016; now I’m looking for some more local experiences, although I know we will return to at least some of these tourist destinations while we are in town.
- Finish Anna’s dress (the one I started sewing in April).
- Keep taking pictures – at home, not just for paid photo shoots!
- Swim a lot. We just got access to an incredible pool that I fully intend to take advantage of wherever possible.
There are so many other things I hope to accomplish, but these are the basics. All very exciting basics, this month, which is incredible.
Are you setting goals for May 2018? I’m excited about the farm themed week my blog friend Cassie has planned. Share your goals in the comments below, or share a post link on my Facebook page! You can also tag me on instagram. Sign up for my newsletter to receive more crafts, kids activities, and parenting tips in your inbox every week.