I set goals 12 times a year to focus on what matters most and what I want to accomplish. Here are my September 2022 monthly goals.
Some links on this site are affiliate links and I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you! Learn more.
Let’s First Look at August Goals
What You'll Find on This Page
August was a mad rush. The first half of the month I spent preparing for a 4.5 month stay in Europe (including figuring out home school arrangements). And celebrating birthdays for half the family, just to keep things interesting!
For blogging, I did get a few homeschool curriculum reviews for Night Zookeeper and Photography 4 Teens. I have more coming in September. I got a little crafting done, making this carved family sign. Someone recommended painting it with a little watered down acrylic paint, so I’ll probably try that when I get home.
Then it was time for the actual trip. Our August itinerary was intense:
- Cambridge, England August 14-17
- Paris, France August 17-22
- Rome, Italy (and independent state Vatican City) August 22-25
- Vienna, Austria August 25-30
- Billund, Denmark (LEGOLAND!) August 30-September 1st.
We arrived in Edinburgh around 1am in the morning on September 2nd. We are here until the 19th, and we’ve taken our first couple of days very slowly as we are all ready for a break!
I have plans to write up favorite parts and tips for each of the trips above, and I’ll update this post with links to those as they go live. I have been keeping a travel journal, and so have the kids. These memories will be so fun to look back on! While they used this printable travel journal in the past, this year they are leveling up to more freedom with dot printed notebooks (my three teenagers) and these cute little DIY covered notebooks I made before we left for my youngest.
My Monthly Goals for September 2022
We plan to slow down quite a bit in September after the intensity of August! Here are my monthly goals:
- Settle into homeschooling. We started officially yesterday. It went all right, but I need to finish figuring out details. I know we’ll be using Khan Academy for some coursework. We also hauled our math books (Beast Academy for my 5th grader) all the way across the ocean, because I’m partial to a good math curriculum. Focus: build, work, purpose, persist and habit
- Enjoy our time in Edinburgh. This is the third time we’ve brought our children here, so it feels very familiar to them and they have their own bucket list of activities they want to enjoy while we are here. Focus: encourage
- Write up my remaining homeschool curriculum reviews – hopefully before the 15th! Focus: work
What’s with the words in italics? Heal is my word of the year for 2022, but I’m using the six words the word of the year generator gave me before “heal” as focus words (habit, persist, purpose, work, encourage, build).
What are your September monthly goals for 2022?
Share comments and feedback below, on my Facebook page, or by tagging me on Instagram. Sign up for my newsletter to receive book recommendations, crafts, activities, and parenting tips in your inbox every week.