Setting monthly goals for September 2017 – mixing homeschool and public school, and getting ready for the 2017-18 Virtual Book Club for Kids season.
Some links on this site are affiliate links and I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. Click on the images and blue text to be taken to links. Thank you! Learn more.
August was a very busy month in our house! I took the kids on a three week road trip, first to visit my sister in Idaho, then up to the Idaho mountains for a family reunion, and then down to Utah for my grandma’s ninetieth birthday. That is a long time to be gone! Booking an airbnb gave us a “home” to call our own for the last week in Utah, and that helped a lot.
Our trip included a lot of adventures! We especially loved Seeing real buffalo. We also loved stopping along our drive home to watch the solar eclipse, both through shadows on the ground and through filters.
September 2017 Goals
September 2017 Goals
- One of my goals for September is to get started on my posts for the 2017-18 Virtual Book Club for Kids. Check out my posts from the 2016-17 Virtual Book Club for kids season to get an idea of what to expect with this fun series! We will read and enjoy activities for these books this fall. How many of these books have you read? Go Away Big Green Monster and Scaredy Squirrel are new to me. Education
- September 11th: Apples theme. Book: Ten Red Apples by Pat Hutchins
- September 18th: Leaves theme. Book: Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf by Lois Ehlert
- September 25th: Acorns & Squirrels theme. Book: Scaredy Squirrel by Melanie Watt
- October 2nd: Farm theme. Book: Click Clack Moo, Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin
- October 9th: Monsters theme. Book: Go Away Big Green Monster by Ed Emberley
- October 16th: Pumpkins theme. Book: Five Little Pumpkins by Dan Yaccarino
- October 23rd: Witches and Potions theme. Book: Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson
- October 30th Bats theme. Book: Stellaluna by Janell Cannon
- Get Lily’s homeschooling organized. This fall my three girls are homeschooling; my son chose to stay in our local public school. Emma gets her work done easily. Anna doesn’t have that much “work” work (she’s in kindergarten). Lily wants to play all day. I need to help her stay on track with school work while providing lots of opportunities for her to engage in educational play, like designing and sewing doll clothes. Education.
- Organize in preparation for our move. We are moving sometime this fall, but the date keeps getting moved around. I’m super excited to move from our condo into a house, even though it means giving up my cool overhead photos and videos. We are looking forward to a bigger place with a dedicated parking spot and air conditioning! Especially on days like today, when we have a heat advisory and a predicted high of 104 Fahrenheit. Gratitude and mindful living.
What Are Your Goals for September 2017?
What are you hoping to get done this September? My friend Cassie already moved, and she is settling into a new home. Please share your goals in the comments below, or on my Facebook page, or tag me on Instagram.