This cute play dough bakery activity makes a wonderful imaginative game for toddlers and preschoolers.
Some links on this site are affiliate links and as an associate I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. Click on the images and blue text to be taken to links. Thank you! Learn more.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Food coloring
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add in the wet ingredients, whisking until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat until the play dough is nearly set (no longer sticking to the edges of the pan).
- Remove the play dough from the heat.
- Knead on a flat surface until cool.
- Store in a ziploc bag or airtight container.
Whisking all the ingredients until they are smooth before cooking makes all the difference with this recipe!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 59Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2831mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
The girls set up this play dough bakery one morning while Johnny was at school. Lily especially enjoyed using these silicone ice cube trays from IKEA to make play dough biscuits. Amazon sells all sorts of fun silicone baking trays you can use for this.
Share comments and feedback below, on my Facebook page, or by tagging me on Instagram. Sign up for my newsletter to receive book recommendations, crafts, activities, and parenting tips in your inbox every week.