Learn numbers, letters, colors, science, and more with these fun, free owl themed learning activities for kids.
Martin Waddell’s picture book, Owl Babies, is one of our all-time family favorites. This timeless tale of three baby owls anxiously waiting for their mother to come home reminds me of how my own young children feel when I am gone. I was thrilled to hear it had been chosen as this week’s virtual book club pick. This book is very popular and should be in most libraries, but In My Tree is an adorable alternative book pick for this week’s theme. My kids helped me put together a fun printable to practice colors, and we are excited to try all the fun owl themed learning activities my co-hosts have come up with.
Learning Colors With Owls
I created this very simple color matching printable activity. Just click on the image above to download the PDF. Your child can draw lines to match the owls with their nests. If you want the activity to last a bit longer, you can paint – with matching paint colors. My four-year-old love this watercolor set. You could also glue on pieces of colored yarn.
More Fun and Free Owl Themed Learning Activities for Kids
My co-hosts have a wealth of wonderful owl-themed learning activities for you to enjoy with your kids this week! Here they are, sorted by category. I’ve added a couple of activities that my family has enjoyed that didn’t make it into any of the co-host posts this week.
ALPHABET LEARNING Owl THEMED ACTIVITIES
- Letter Roll & Color from Sea of Knowledge
- Owl Babies Book Craft and Alphabet Activity from Mosswood Connections
NUMBERS LEARNING Owl THEMED ACTIVITIES
- Owl Counting Printable from Our Kiwi Homeschool
- Owl’s Day Ordering Activity from My Storytime Corner
- Owl Counting Playdough Mats from Preschool Powol Packets
Owl THEMED COLOR LEARNING
- Feathery Owls Color Matching Activity from To Be a Kid Again
Owl THEMED MOVEMENT ACTIVITIES
PRE-WRITING Owl THEMED ACTIVITIES
- Scratch Art Owl from School Time Snippets
Owl THEMED SCIENCE ACTIVITIES
- Dissect an owl pellet
- Owl Eyesight STEM Exploration for Kids from JDaniel4’s Mom
- Build a Nest STEM Activity for Kids from Views From a Step Stool
Fun Owl Themed SENSORY ACTIVITIES
- Owl Babies Sponge Painting from Adventures of Adam
Learning Shapes with Owls
- Owl Babies Shape Activity for Preschoolers from Rainy Day Mum
- Make an owl out of pattern blocks. This set of pattern block activity cards includes a cute owl – you can see my daughter making it in this post on pattern block fun for preschoolers.
Do you have an owl themed learning activity we should try? Come share a post on my Facebook page, or tag me on Instagram.