There’s something incredible about spending time together as a family outside! Household chores are out of sight, as are other distractions. For some reason, my kids very rarely fight outside.
Outdoors and Active Family Time
Which is exactly why, when we were looking for a house, we picked on based on the yard instead of the actual house! I adore our stunning yard, and it makes for wonderful family time. Here are outdoor activities my kids love:
- Looking for signs of spring
- Playing with rocks
- Painting with homemade sidewalk paint
- Using a magnifying glass to bring the yard to life
- Building fairy villages
- Finding caterpillars
- Learning about animals
- Learning about plants
- Collecting leaves, twigs, and other items to craft with
- Playing in the rain with rain boots and umbrellas, and playing in puddles after rainstorms
- Snowball fights and building snowmen and snow forts in the wintertime
I’ve learned, though, that my kids don’t really care what we are doing, so long as the entire family is doing it together! They will walk around the neighborhood, read on a blanket in the yard, swing, or run around in circles – loving every minute!
What do you love to do outside as a family? I love this idea of going on a listening walk.