Simple, attainable goals keep me focused all year round. Here are my November 2022 monthly goals.
Some links on this site are affiliate links and I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you! Learn more.
How Did October Go?
What You'll Find on This Page
This fall we are living in Oxford, England. We enjoyed exceptionally beautiful weather for most of October. This was especially fortunate for day trips we made to Richmond, Worcester, and Bath as well as nearby Blenheim Palace.
We discovered the local craft shop, and the kids have been enjoying FIMO clay. I’ll have to share their creations after Christmas, as they are all handmade gifts. I bought a sewing machine (leaving it with a friend when we return to the US). I used it to sew an ice queen costume for my youngest and to sew cloth napkins because the ones I brought are wearing out. Yes, I love the cloth napkins I make enough to bring them on trips. They are super useful!
How Did I Do With October Goals?
October was a nice month for us! It’s nice to have a place to call home through the end of the year! I made decent progress with my October goals.
We are well settled in the beautiful house we get to call home through the end of the year, and the kids have adjusted well to their homeschool schedule. Visiting the Oxford Ice Rink has been a huge win for my three younger children who love to skate. It’s so much nicer than anything we have at home, and all three are enrolled in skating lessons and learning a lot. Sometimes travel brings completely unexpected wins, and this is one of them.
Blogging went okay. I wrote about my youngest daughter’s Halloween costume from last year (adapting a dress pattern to make a fancy coat) and this year (sewing a costume with no pattern). I also wrote up her 5th grade curriculum, which we are loving. And I wrote about making Gelli prints, which is easy and fun process art that we highly recommend.
The one thing we didn’t do as much as I would have hoped was explore Oxford itself. I think we were just busy catching up on schoolwork after our travel heavy fall, and adjusting to life here. So we’ll work on seeing more of the city in November!
November 2022 Monthly Goals
Here are my November Goals:
- Spend more time exploring Oxford! We’ve walked the city a lot, but haven’t dipped into much of the touristy stuff yet. Focus: build and encourage
- Enjoy family time! I have a brother living in Cambridge, and we meet up with him whenever we can. I have another brother and sister visiting with their families in November! Focus: purpose
- Write up posts about Richmond, Worcester, and Bath as well as Blenheim Palace. I’m saving Oxford for later in the year, since we have time to really get to know this city. Focus: work
- Write posts about the 8th, 9th, and 11th grade homeschool curriculum we are using for my older children. Focus: work and persist
- Write at least one craft focused post. I have so many in drafts that I just need to finish. I will also keep updating seasonal older posts. Focus: work
That feels like a lot, so I’m going to stop there!
What’s with the words in italics? Heal is my word of the year for 2022, but I’m using the six words the word of the year generator gave me before “heal” as focus words (habit, persist, purpose, work, encourage, build).
What are your monthly goals for November this year?
Share comments and feedback below, on my Facebook page, or by tagging me on Instagram. Sign up for my newsletter to receive book recommendations, crafts, activities, and parenting tips in your inbox every week.