I focus on what matters most and what I most want to accomplish by setting goals each month of the year. Here are my monthly goals for September 2021.
Some links on this site are affiliate links and as an associate I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. Click on the images and blue text to be taken to links. Thank you! Learn more.
First, Let’s Look Back on August’s Goals
August went pretty well! I am more than halfway through with my second book (here’s my first book.) For sewing, I’m still working on the same Annie Unrein messenger bag kit that I bought ages ago, but the end is in sight!
The kids settled in to school. The three older kids wish their schools were close enough to walk instead of biking, but they do pretty well with biking. I’m very grateful that, so far, we’ve escaped the worst of California’s wildfire smoke. Last year we had days on end of dangerously poor air quality. I really hope the better air trend this year holds!
We celebrated Lily, Anna, and Mike’s birthdays as a family, but Lily and Anna’s birthday parties will happen this month for Anna and possibly more like October for Lily.
I kept swimming and Mike and I did pretty well with dates, although our most recent date WAS waylaid due to smoke. We enjoyed a mini home date instead, trying our hand at paint by number kits.
The highlight of the month was my mini trip up to Seattle for my nephew’s adoption ceremony. It was amazing to participate in that, and to see four of my nine brothers and sisters.
Monthly Goals for September 2021
My goals for September aren’t that different from the ones I set for August:
- Finish sewing the bag. I’m close! Focus: education
- Keep swimming on weekdays. Focus: mindfulness
- Keep working on my book. Focus: education
- Celebrate Anna’s birthday with a few friends. Maybe Lily’s, too, but I think that’s getting pushed to October. Focus: gratitude
- Keep up weekly dates with Mike. Focus: gratitude
- Work on writing new content for my other sites, Great Family Reads and Top Toy Finds. I actually started doing that in August after barely writing anything for a long time. It’s so nice to have my websites functional again now that I’m not trying to teach at the same time! Focus: education
That should keep me busy!
What are your goals for this month? How did last month go for you?
Share comments and feedback below, on my Facebook page, or by tagging me on Instagram. Sign up for my newsletter to receive book recommendations, crafts, activities, and parenting tips in your inbox every week.