April really flew by in our house! I’m sure at least part of that was our trip, and then people being sick. We finally got some proper spring weather, and we are thoroughly enjoying it – and trying our best to get our yard in order after months of neglect!
We thoroughly enjoyed our time with family, and we got the kids readjusted to home life within a couple weeks of getting back. I’m not sure which part of the adjustment was tougher, the time zone or returning to rules at home. Our drive to Arizona and back to Vegas was successful, with some particularly entertaining commentary from Emma! I donated several bags of clothing with a few toys as well.
The big news for May is that I’m starting a weekly geography feature on this blog, starting in June! Ideally, it will feature guest bloggers, so if you are interested in writing a guest post on this blog about your favorite country/continent/city including at least one activity or book recommendation for kids, please email me at mamasmilesblog at gmail dot com?
Here are my May goals:
- Get guest bloggers for my geography feature. Target Area: education
- Make a button for my weekly geography feature – suggestions? Target Area: education
- Play outside! Target Areas: gratitude, peace, and health
- Work on our garden. If you’re looking to build a raised garden bed, I highly recommend this kit, but if possible buy it at Costco where it is nearly half price! Target Areas: education and health
- Find a wading pool, since ours broke last summer. Target Areas: health and peace
- Attempt to make a copy of my favorite (most comfortable) skirt before it falls to pieces. Target Area: education