My kids are slowly, but surely, overcoming their bug phobias! Here are a few things that have helped:
- Letting them wear protective gear – like my gardening gloves on Emma, above.
- Encouraging natural curiosity – even when it means they dig up part of the sidewalk searching for ants.
- Examining bugs with them.
- Borrowing lots of bug books from the library.
- Spending time outside with them, with bugs around. Eating dinner and playing structured games outside is especially helpful – they have something to focus on other than the bugs.
Do you have kids with bug phobias? How have you coped?
Learning Laboratory is a space to share hands-on, fun, and creative learning activities! Linking back through either my button or a text link is always appreciated! Here are a few of my favorite posts that were linked up last week:
- Make cute traffic signs for your child’s toy cars with this road signs printable from Doodles and Jots.
- Help the kids make this Mommy’s sleeping sign from B. Inspired, Mama! as a belated mother’s day gift. :)
- As a huge fan of child-created games, I love this baby and mummy matching game from Rainy Day Mum.