Practice letter recognition and letter names with this cute hop the alphabet board game for kids! This is great for kids just starting to learn to read.
Printable Alphabet Board Game for Kids
This week’s Virtual Book Club for Kids pick is Beatrix Potter’s classic, The Tale of Peter Rabbit. My five-year-old Anna loves this series! I also recommend the movie Miss Potter, if you haven’t seen it.
Anna can recognize all of the letters of the alphabet, but she doesn’t always remember their names and sounds. So I made her this little game (admittedly more inspired by the Easter bunny than Peter Rabbit, because those were the images I had easy access to).
Bunny Hop Alphabet Board Game Printables
Here are the printables you need to play:
- Bunny Hop Alphabet Game Board (here is a white board version if you want to save ink)
- Bunny Alphabet Cards
I recommend laminating the pieces of this game for durability. We use the AmazonBasics Thermal Laminator and AmazonBasics Laminating Pouches. Packing tape can be used to laminate, if you don’t want to invest in a machine.
How to Play the Bunny Hop Alphabet Game
There are many ways to play this game! So far, my kids like to play where the bunny hops around to the different letters of the alphabet until the cards are all gone. You can print out extra bunnies and place one on each letter of the alphabet.
You can also print out a deck of alphabet cards for each child, and have them see which one draws the letter Z first.
Yet another option is to play a memory game where you find the letters of the alphabet in order so that the bunny can hop their way through the alphabet.
More Bunny Themed Learning Fun
- Peter Rabbit Map Making and Modeling Activity
- Peter Rabbit Inspired Story Time and Free Printable Movement Activity
- Count and Pick Carrot Patch
- Peter Rabbit Felt Easter Craft
- Peter Rabbit Shape Matching Activity
- Fine Motor Bunny Stamp Paint Activity for Preschoolers
- Bunny Color Hunt for Toddlers
- Eraser Stamped Bunnies
- Plastic Easter Egg Bunnies
- Cotton Ball Bunnies
- Sew a Tiny Bunny