Fun and simple Halloween activities for preschoolers, including Halloween science, crafts, active play, book activities, and more! Check out my collection of the best hands on activities for preschoolers for year-round preschool activities!
Halloween Activities for Preschoolers
Preschoolers LOVE the less-scary aspects of Halloween, and this holiday provides plenty of learning opportunities through fun themed activities. Here are our favorites.
Halloween Science for Preschoolers
Our Ghost Balloons Halloween Science activity feels like magic and is super accessible to preschool aged children. All you need is an empty water bottle, vinegar, baking soda, and a balloon (white works best).
Gross Motor Halloween Activities for Preschoolers
Our Spider Web Obstacle Course doesn’t need much space at all! Set it up on your playground or under tables indoors on cold, stormy, and rainy days! This monster carnival game is another great Halloween gross motor skill game.
Quiet Halloween Activities for Preschoolers
Halloween can be a VERY exciting time for preschoolers, and I find kids enjoy quiet activities to decompress. Here are our favorites:
- Halloween Coloring Pages and Felt Board Shapes
- Broom and Cauldron Drawing Activity for Room on the Broom. I created this activity with slightly older children in mind, but I found that even preschoolers enjoy it.
- Googley Eyes and Play Dough
- Simple Halloween Crafts for Kids
- Kleenex Ghosts Craft
- No-Sew Ghost Hand Puppet Craft
- Decorate-a-Monster Stuffie
Emotional Intelligence Halloween Activities for Preschoolers
Halloween and emotional intelligence don’t feel intuitive to me, but I find that this holiday offers lots of opportunities to develop this skill! Trick or treating even offers an opportunity to practice social skills!
Jack O’ Lanterns are my favorite Halloween emotional intelligence tool. My kids love both of these emotions based activities:
- Pumpkin Faces for Happiness, Sadness, and Surprise. Don’t have felt on hand? Try this free printable “How Are You Feeling, Jack-o-Lantern?” game!
- Give kids the opportunity to express whatever emotions they like with these cute Jack O’ Lantern Pumpkin Chains
- Make a wall of pumpkins and see how many different faces you can come up with!