Gingerbread themed learning activities for kids. I love this gingerbread house glyph activity! Easy and fun for all ages.
My kids and I loved making and decorating gingerbread houses before we had to move to a gluten free diet. If anyone reading this has a great gluten free gingerbread recipe that works for building houses, we want to try it! We have made some sticker gingerbread houses, and candy gingerbread houses, but it’s not quite the same.
Since we don’t have a working recipe yet, I decided to give a gingerbread house glyph a go this year!
Gingerbread House Glyph
A glyph is a way of representing something with symbols rather than words. I made this fun gingerbread house glyph printable. Download it by clicking on the image below.
Our printer isn’t set up yet, but I plan to do that in the morning. Then I’ll update this post with images of some of my kids’ gingerbread house glyphs!
More Gingerbread Themed Learning Activities for Kids
Gingerbread makes a fantastic learning theme for kids! check out these fun gingerbread themed educational kids activities.
- Dress-up Felt Gingerbread Man
- Gingerbread Kids Life Sized Art Activity
- Tips and Tricks for Decorating Gingerbread Houses with Kids
- Decorating Gingerbread Cookies with Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Make a Gingerbread House from Scratch
- Gingerbread Man Puppet
- Sponge Painted Gingerbread Man Craft
- Roll a Gingerbread Man Preschool Game
- Gingerbread Patterning
- Scissor Practice with Gingerbread Men
- Gingerbread Christmas Busy Bag
- Learning Shapes with Gingerbread Men
- Gingerbread Men Number Hop
- Gingerbread Cloud Dough
I’m sharing this as part of Timberdoodle’s holiday traditions blog hop. Find more inspiration below.
What are your favorite gingerbread themed learning activities for kids? I’d love to see photos if you use our gingerbread house glyph printable! You can share on my Facebook page. You can always tag me on Instagram, too.