Free printable Five Little Ducks printable coloring page plus more nursery rhyme inspired activities for children.
Some links on this site are affiliate links and I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. Click on the images and blue text to be taken to links. Thank you! Learn more.
This week I made a rare venture into semi-structured crafting with my kids, creating this simple printable free coloring page (see download link at the end of this post) to go along with Five Little Ducks. We read the book yesterday, and this morning I gave each kid the page, with no other instructions. It was fun to see what they did with it!
Coloring Our Five Little Ducks Printable
Six-year-old Emma stayed very traditional, coloring the ducks various shades of yellow. Each of the kids posed their own ducks for the photo shoot, and she picked a very orderly line-up of ducklings following their mama:
Four-year-old Johnny’s ducks have fantastic eyes (I had considered adding a single eye on each duck as part of the printable, and seeing this made me so glad that I hadn’t!) I’m particularly fond of the Picasso-esque duckling leading the group. Notice that he has the mama following the ducklings, instead of the other way around!
Two-year-old Lily’s duckling décor appears to be inspired by our child-decorated castle – which she was, incidentally, working on this past weekend. Her ducks have eyes, too, although they are a bit hard to spot. I can find them most easily on the mama duck, as well as the two lead babies. I thought it was interesting that she clustered her babies around the mama, instead of lining them up like her older siblings.
Fun Ways to Use this Free Five Little Ducks Printable
You can also:
- Cut these ducks out of felt to use on a felt or flannel board.
- Cut out two of each duck and let your child sew them together – either with stuffing in the middle, or random stitching the way we did these flowers and trees.
- Add a craft stick to the back of each duck and use them as puppets.
Five Little Ducks Printable Download
Click on the image below to download our five little ducks printable:
More Animal-Themed Books for Young Children
Here are a few other animal-themed books that we adore:
- Can’t You Sleep, Little Bear?
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
- Make Way For Ducklings
- The Gruffalo
- When Dinosaurs Came with Everything
More Nursery Rhyme Books We Love
Here are a few of our favorite nursery rhyme books for kids:
More Nursery Rhyme Activities for Kids
Try these fun nursery rhyme activities with your kids!
- Sew Humpty Dumpty – free pattern!
- Turn a wooden egg into Humpty Dumpty
- Humpty Dumpty Sensory Bin
- Track the weather after reading Rain, Rain, Go Away
- Make a shape sheep after reading Baa Baa Black Sheep
- Little Jack Horner Paper Plate Pie Craft
- Hickory Dickory Dock Clock Play
- Itsy Bitsy Spider Printable Book
- I’m a Little Teapot Pour Painting
- Rainstorm Art Project for Rain, Rain, Go Away
- Five Little Ducks Counting
- Easy Pizza Wheels to Cook for The Wheels on the Bus
- Nursery Rhyme Olympics
THE 2016-17 VIRTUAL BOOK CLUB FOR KIDS
Click on the image above to see all of the themes, books, and activities for this year’s 2016-17 Virtual Book Club for Kids! I am updating the page as new posts go live.
What is your favorite nursery rhyme activity for kids? Have you tried out our five little ducks printable? Please share in the comments below, or on my Facebook page. You can also tag me on Instagram.