It’s school vacation week! In order to focus on spending time with our families, the other After School cohosts and I decided to take this Monday and next (12/30) off from hosting the After School linky – but we will leave last week’s linky open, so you can continue to add your activities!
We want to make sure you and your kids have plenty of fun activities to enjoy during the break, though, so we put together a “best of” blog hop featuring our favorite posts in nine categories: cooking with kids, writing, math, spelling, reading, science, social studies, arts and crafts for kids, and outdoor fun and movement! Just click on the topic button you are interested in at the bottom of this post, and you will be taken to the blog that is hosting that topic.
I am featuring some of our favorite after school arts and crafts activities for kids! I decided to choose 12 – one for each of the 12 Days of Christmas – which starts on December 25th and ends on January 5th! I adore all of these activities, and hope that you and your kids will also enjoy them!
- The Great Wall of China from Afterschool for Smarty Pants
- Magnetic Popsicle Sticks from Boy Mama Teacher Mama
- Resources for Teaching Art For Kids from The Educators’ Spin On It
- Leaf Place Mats from This Reading Mama
- Rainbow Sea Shells from The Educators’ Spin On It
- Tesselations from What Do We Do All Day?
- Freeze Dance Painting from Coffee Cups and Crayons
- Sensory Wall Mosaic Art from Mama Smiles – Joyful Parenting
- Blending Colors with DIY Tops from Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational
- Marbled Paper from What Do We Do All Day?
- Oil Pastel Resist Leaf Craft from Little Wonders Days
- Rice Art from Mama Smiles – Joyful Parenting
Interested in a different subject? Click through any of the buttons below! *Note: a few of these links won’t be live until Monday, so please come back if they don’t work the first time!
What fun activities do you have planned for School Vacation Week?