My kids and some friends enjoyed some fun activities to kick off the new season of Curious George yesterday afternoon! We measured everyone’s height, they colored butterflies to hide and find,
And they made critter catchers that reinforce the difference between mammals, reptiles, birds, and insects:
Then we settled in to catch a sneak preview of the newest season of Curious George, which goes live on PBS stations across the US this coming Monday (December 3, 2012):
Check your local listings for times. You can also download the activity sheets we enjoyed here. This is probably my favorite PBS KIDS show – I love that George has the same innocence and insatiable curiosity today that he had when I was a kid, and there really is a lot to learn through his adventures.
George the monkey loves to play, which is why stride rite – the maker of Made 2 Play shoes – is a perfect sponsor for Curious George. We LOVE stride site shoes – as a baby, now-six-year-old Emma would actually scream if we put her in shoes made by any other brand – so I’m thrilled to offer a $50 Stride Rite gift certificate to a reader of this blog with a US shipping address. All you need to do is fill out the form below:
This giveaway has now ended. Congratulations, Beth B.!
Here are a few of my favorite comments about Stride Rite:
- For 90 years they’ve known that every steps counts and are watching out for our children’s feet.- Kim
- I love the classic styles that hold up through rough and tumble wear! – Brigette
- The fit and durability are better than any other brand for kids! We’ve been buying Stride Rite for 9 years and 4 kids – Sarah
- They are the only ones that offer wide sizes and my boys have such wide feet! Thank you for making shoes for my wide-footed boys! – Rebecca
- They seem to be comfy in my daughters feet because she doesn’t throw them off as often as other brands!!! – Emily
- Stride Rite = quality! I trust them for my kids. – Christy
- I having been buying their shoes since my daughter could walk. I love their styles and the shoes are so durable. – Mamaintheburbs
- My mom always stressed the importance of wearing proper shoes to give your feet the support they need. I believe Stride Rite has excellent support for growing feet. – Susan
Here are a few of my favorite comments about Curious George:
- I like the way Curious George babbles because my toddler sounds similar. :-) -Catherine
- Curious George makes my son laugh! – Jennai
- He inspires curiosity in my little guy. :-) – Charise
- I grew up reading Curious George and I think curiosity is one of the greatest attributes a person can have. – Marie
- He’s sweet and innocent and always ready to try new things! And I don’t have to worry about ANYTHING inappropriate for kids when mine are watching!! – Michelle
- Curious George is always experimenting and trying new things (even though he usually makes a mess or does something wrong). – Trisha
- George has similar qualities to my 3 year old. – Jessica
- I love how curious he is about exploring his surroundings. He can’t help but investigate. His predicaments stem from his curiosity, not from a desire to cause problems. And he’s just so cute! – Carolyn
- My house loves Curious George! He teaches math, science, and much more. We watch them everyday and just can’t wait for the new season! – Jessi
Do you have a favorite PBS KIDS show? Did you read Curious George growing up?
I received a DVD with the first three episodes of the new season of Curious George, as well as promotional items. All opinions are my own.