Note: This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Laura Numeroff was one of my favorite childhood picture book authors, and she remains a favorite now that I am an adult! She also happens to be the author of the month for the virtual book club for kids! I thought I would highlight three our favorites from her books, as well as activities you can do to go with them!
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie is my all-time favorite Laura Numeroff book! I remember my mother delighting in reading about this tiny mouse exhausting the little boy – much in the same way that tiny people leave their parents exhausted! We have a few activities that go well with this book:
- Make some felt cookies – no sewing required!
- Try out one of our favorite cookie recipes:
- Spend some time drawing together. This simple and fun drawing game requires only a sense of humor – no artistic talent!
- If You Give a Cat a Cupcake is the perfect excuse to host a cupcake decorating party! This delicious children’s activity is quite simple to set up and has been requested by my kids for every birthday party to day! Check out Johnny’s LEGO birthday party post for my current favorite frosting recipe!
- The moose in If You Give a Moose a Muffin is one of my favorite children’s book characters. This book is a great opportunity to try our whole wheat carrot muffins, make some simple stick puppets, use small stickers as puppets, or give sock puppets a go!
- Make Swedish Pancakes to go along with If You Give a Pig a Pancake.
What is your favorite Laura Numeroff book? Do you have a favorite activity for one of her books?