A collection of community helper preschool activities, books, crafts, and educational toys you can use to create community helper preschool lesson plans.
We were recently sent several of the Tinyville Town books to review. My four-year-old daughter Anna adores this series, which focuses on the different community helpers that help a town run. It’s easy to see why she enjoys the books: the text is simple and fun and the illustrations are engaging. I decided to collect some fun community helper preschool activities for Anna to enjoy.
Community Helper Preschool Activities, Books, and Crafts
Community Helper Books
These are our favorite community helper books.
Tinyville Town Community Helper Books
We were sent these books to review, and they are some of Anna’s absolute favorites. The characters on the pages are as diverse as the people who surround us here in multicultural California.
- Tinyville Town Gets to Work
- I’m a Veterinarian
- I’m a Firefighter
- I’m a Librarian
- I’m a Police Officer
Other Community Helper Books
- Delivering Your Mail
- Let’s Meet a Construction Worker
- Whose Hands Are These?
- Community Helpers from A to Z
- Clothesline Clues to Jobs People Do
- What Do People Do All Day?
Community Helper Activities and Crafts
Here are some great community helper preschool activities and crafts that should pair beautifully with the books above.
- Community helpers starting sounds activity
- Community Helpers Sight Words Game
- Community Helpers Handwriting Practice Printable
- Community Helpers Emergent Reader Coloring Pages
- Community Helpers Alphabet
- Community Helpers Play Activity
- Fire Ladder Learning Activities
- Simple Fire Safety Science Demonstration
- Bubbly Fires Science Activity
- What Job Do You Want Charades
- Fire Station Tour
- Police Department Tour
- Crossing Guard Play
- Montessori-Inspired Community Helper Activities
- When I Grow Up Flashcards
- Fire Truck Flame Painting for Kids
- Printable Traffic Signs for Kids
- Community Helpers Clothes Pin People
- Vet Pretend Play Printables
- Baking with Kids in the Kitchen and Pretend Play
Community Helper Educational Toys
Learn through play with these community helper themed educational toys.
- Community Helpers TOOB
- Community Helper Dress Up Hats
- Wooden Community Play Set
- Community Helpers Felt Figures for Flannel Boards
Here are more of my preschool learning activities. Do you have any community helper activities, books, or crafts for us to try? Please share any ideas you have on my Facebook page, or tag me on Instagram. Sign up for my newsletter to receive book recommendations, crafts, activities, and parenting tips in your inbox every week.