Did you know that today is National Play-Doh day? We usually make our own play dough (that’s what is featured in the photo above), but I like the store-bought stuff as well! We even used to give out little tubs of Play-Doh at Halloween in our neighborhood, but have switched to more affordable stickers now that we live in a popular trick or treating neighborhood. Today is a great opportunity to celebrate play dough of all kinds!
In honor of this day, I thought I would share some of our favorite play dough posts! I hope you make time for some play dough play today!
- How to easily make several colors of play dough – you don’t have to buy play dough to stock several fun colors!
- Play dough bakery – a year-round favorite for my kids!
- Mixed media play dough art – including googly eyes, which are always a hit with my kids!
- Play dough fun for all ages.
- Exploring patterns and stamping with cinnamon play dough.
- Play dough and rocks – creative sensory play.
- Imaginative fun with play dough and squinkies.
And here are some of our favorite play dough tools! This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
- Play Doh Clay Center for those of you who want to own as many eccessories as possible.
- Play-Doh Breakfast Time Set because we own this and my kids love it – as do their friends.
- Dough Extruders Set – we also own this, and the kids love all the different shapes they can make.
- Melissa & Dough Shape, Model and Mold – another set we own (yes, we love play dough). I love the feel of these wooden accessories.
- Play-Doh Fun Factory – a classic that I grew up with and loved.
- Miniature Play-Doh tubs – fun party favors and always popular with trick or treaters, if you can afford to give them out!
Do you love play dough? Here are some more ideas from other bloggers celebrating with me today!
- Edible Pumpkin Pie Play Dough from Coffee Cups and Crayons
- Fine Motor Play Dough Activities from What Do We Do All Day?
- How to Make Crayon Play Dough from Sugar Aunts
- Gingerbread Play Dough from FSPDT
- Fall Play Dough Mats from This Reading Mama
- No Cool Natural Cinnamon Play Dough from Natural Beach Living
- Play Dough Activities All Year Long from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Celebrate Play Dough from Mama Smiles
- Fall Play Dough Mats from Life Over C’s
MaryAnne lives is a craft loving educator, musician, photographer, and writer who lives in Silicon Valley with her husband Mike and their four children.
8 thoughts on “Celebrate Play Dough!”
I love play dough! I didn’t know there was a day for it!
Terrific photo showing off your play-dough! This is the day I want to give it a try!!!
Thanks for all the links. I have been dying to try scented play dough!
I love play doh! Literally, *I* like playing with play doh lol. And so do my kids. I’ve started the little ones on it too, and any kind of open-ended toy is well-received in this house.
Of course my kiddos love play doh! It is an activity that never grows old and is always changing.
My kids used to love it when I made play dough. So happy that there is a special day to celebrate the joy of play dough!
This post reminded me to make more homemade playdough. It’s been a while since we did that, and we are all out of store-bought supplies. Playdough can be so much fun, but I admit that I’d rather keep it outside :)
My kids always wish I made play dough more often than I do. I really should make it more often, but then you heard how that last attempt turned out.
Comments are closed.