I had plans to cover this car seat in pink fleece, but Emma insisted on keeping the plain cardboard version so that it would look more like her own tan car seat. So, here you have it in its minimalist glory.
- Empty cardboard cylinder (we used a Morton salt container)
- Something to cut the cylinder with (I used a kitchen knife, but I’m sure an exacto knife would work better.)
- Remove top of container
- Cut out seat area and holes for straps to go through
- Thread ribbon through for straps
- Give to child to decorate with markers/crayons/fabric scraps to their heart’s delight. Or not, if you have a minimalist child like mine.
I got the idea of this from my mother, who used to turn Morton Salt Containers into doll cradles for us when we were kids. Emma’s 8” doll was a bit too large to use this as a cradle, but we’ll save our next oatmeal canister to make her doll a cradle.