This story actually begins ten years ago, back when Mike and I were first engaged to be married. My mom and I went to a fabric store and picked out fabric for a wedding dress and a veil. I spent the month of August that year designing and making my wedding dress on the floor of my very tolerant sister’s studio apartment in between reading Harry Potter books to her landlady’s children (I will post dress photos someday), but my attempts at making a veil fell short. I wound up purchasing one from the back of a card shop, which randomly had wedding veils as well. I kept my attempts, and the left over materials – presumably out of some sort of sentimentality combined with my inability to throw out fabric.
And then this summer I got an email from a dear friend who is getting married this summer. She wanted a very simple veil, and asked if I could make her one. I told her my story, and said I would try but didn’t think I could. And then I pulled out all of my old veil materials, and (thanks to the addition of a serger to my sewing cabinet) made something that I think is quite pretty! It’s designed to attach with a comb underneath an up-do. Hopefully my friend likes it too; if not, Emma would LOVE to add it to her dress-up collection =)