My kids headed back to school this week (not two-year-old Anna; she just likes her backpack). Since school is on our minds, I thought today would be a great day to share back to school activities, tips, and resources for parents so that the going back to school can be a happy event!
Here are some of our favorite back to school activities, tips, and resources for parents
- Activities and tips for getting your child ready for kindergarten – this is a feature I have run for two years now, so there is a lot of information in this post!
- A sweet craft for kids who are feeling anxious about leaving home. Remember that sometimes a child who was fine the previous year can feel nervous about starting a new grade, or going to a new school.
- A back to school letter writing activity for all ages. This activity helped my kids feel less nervous about the school year starting! It also helped their teachers get to know them a little bit, and got some writing practice in as they waited for the school year to start.
- Tips for keeping kids active and healthy during the school year. Don’t let stress and busyness run your kids’ lives!
- Ways to get organized for the new school year so you don’t drown in all the papers your kids will bring home.
- A reminder about the importance of free time. Kids need this more than ever during the school year, when their day is being run both at school and with homework at home. Free time is something that I actively schedule into my children’s lives – and my own.
- Simple tips for nurturing emotional intelligence – a life skill that can impact children’s futures more than academic ability.
Here are favorite back to school activities, tips, and resources for parents from other blogs:
- All About Me Kid Collage
- Back to School Chore Charts
- Back to School Ideas (For a Less Stressful Year)
- Tips for Homework Success
- Questions for the New School Year
- Back to School Sign Printables
What activities are your elementary school aged kids enjoying?
MaryAnne lives is a craft loving educator, musician, photographer, and writer who lives in Silicon Valley with her husband Mike and their four children.
12 thoughts on “Back to School Activities, Tips, and Resources for Parents”
Love the joy on your kid’s faces in that photo!
Thank you, Jen! They were so excited to go back to school!
But she looks so grown up with her backpack like that.
Great pictures! I love how you are helping your kids emotionally as well as with organisation and academics.
Thanks for sharing our I Spy craft!
Thanks for sharing such great resources for back to school!
Love the back-to-school picture, especially of Anna. She looks like she is ready to go!
She loves being a “big kid”!
Hope you guys had a great first week! Transitions are tough for us, but hopefully, we’re in the swing of things. I love J’s school breakfast program. That takes a lot of stress off of me juggling a school start time later than when I need to report to my desk at work. He loves his teacher. He didn’t get Johnny’s old kindergarten teacher.
We loved that school! Hopefully J will have a wonderful year there as well!
You have some great resources here MaryAnne!
Thank you, Ann!
Comments are closed.