It’s Sew, Mama, Sew’s Giveaway Day! I love this biannual event – it’s how I’ve discovered many of my favorite sewing blogs!
For new visitors, I’m MaryAnne! I am a stay at home mom with four kids: Emma (six years old), Johnny (four years old), Lily (three years old), and Anna (three months old. I blog about joyful parenting with an emphasis on creativity, learning, and play – and all three of those categories apply to me as well as the kids!
I’ve been sewing since I was twelve years old, when I taught myself by breaking a lot of needles and ruining a bunch of fabric on our family’s old Singer sewing machine. It’s a pretty sporadic hobby these days, but here are projects I’ve made that may interest you:
- Winter Toddler dress
- Easy-sew bean bags
- 10-minute camera case – with a wrist strap port
- 15-minute Cinderella gown – perfect for dress-up
- Wedding dress
- Bridal veil
- Simple laptop sleeve
- A slightly fancier laptop sleeve
- Child’s coat
- I Spy Quilt
- Very simple baby shoes
- Barbie sleeping bags
- Apron from a shirt and a sheet
- Very easy little teddy bears
- Uglydoll-inspired softie
- Quick & easy preschool skirt
- Jeans makeover to child’s handbag
- Jeans makeover to door draft blocker
- Jeans makeover to hot/cold pack
- Christmas stockings
- Fleece pants for kids
- Cloth baby wipes
- Crayon roll
- Turn a shirt into toddler shorts
- Princess shoes
- Doll bed
- Doll clothes
- Little Red Riding Hood Costume
I also have a few hand-sewn projects – great for kids who want to sew:
- Ornaments for kids to color and sew
- Valentine hearts
- Kid-sewn stuffie
- Super-simple Superhero capes
- Felt pumpkin pie
- Felt sandwich set
Also, check out this Tow Mater my awesome hubby made!
I also made today’s giveaway item – and if you click on the photo it will take you to my tutorial, if you would like to make your own.
This year I’m giving away this pretty sling-style baby doll (or stuffed animal) carrier! It’s just like the ones I made for my kids for this baby doll carrier tutorial, just in a more neutral pattern.
This giveaway has now ended. Thank you to everyone who entered, and congratulations, Ashton!!!