Children learn best through play! Today I am featuring a brand-new ebook that I contributed to. This book is full of playful literacy and math activities for children.
Click here to learn about my other books.
Some links on this site are affiliate links and I may earn a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you! Learn more.
This is the fifth educational ebook I have contributed to! Here are the other educational ebooks I have contributed:
- Zero to Two: The Book of Play. Fun Ideas for Babies and Toddlers.
- Three to Five: Playful Preschool. An ebook and printables for creative, hands-on learning.
- Fizz. Pop. Bang! Playful Science and Math Activities. 40 projects for ages 3 to 8.
- Learn With Play (this one is also available in print form).
If you are interested in these earlier ebooks, you can save money by buying them in bundles:
- Zero to Two, Three to Five, and Fizz. Pop. Bang!
- Zero to Two and Three to Five
- Three to Five and Fizz. Pop. Bang!
40+ Playful Literacy and Math Activities Kids Love
Why you and your children will love this book
Children learn best through play, and so all of the activities in this book are play-based. They have been tested and approved by the authors’ children.
Sensory play is a wonderful learning tool for children. The activities in this ebook are sensory rich.
The activities cover a range of math and literacy skills, while incorporating play, imagination, science, and art.
What You Get in this Book
This is an incredible book! Here is what you get:
- 40+ hands-on play ideas to help your child build their letter and math skills.
- Multi-sensory activities for children aged 2 to 8.
- Resources for parents and teachers, at home or in the classroom, with ideas for indoor and outdoor learning.
- Material lists, step-by-step instructions and full colour photographs of every activity.
- Suggestions for variations and extensions so you can adapt the activities to suit your child.
- A wide range of learning activities, across literacy and math, including:
- Learning to recognise and write letters and numbers
- Understanding both upper and lower case letters
- Drawing shapes and making marks
- Working on alphabetical order
- Working on spelling of your name, sight words, cvc words and other vocabulary
- Developing language skills
- Understanding one-to-one correspondence
- Learning to count, to add, and subtract
- Base-ten understanding and double digit addition
Here are some sample pages from the book, so you can get a better idea of what to expect. Here is a fun letter lacing activity that works with letters and shapes as well:
And a fun numbers game:
Buy it worldwide for instant download
This is an ebook, which means you will be sent a link that allows you to download a PDF containing the ebook and all the resources. You can save it to your computer or iPad and then either read it on screen or print some or all of the pages.
How to Buy
You can buy the ebook wherever you are in the world. You pay via PayPal, which will take care of any currency conversion for you. The ebook costs US$ 14.99.
You can buy the ebook now, on any device, and then download it when you are ready. Depending on the apps you have installed and your operating system, you might be able to download the ebook on your mobile device. However if you have any doubts or problems, I recommend you use a computer to download the book and then share it to your mobile devices. You will be sent download instructions once you have purchased the ebook. The ABCs and 123s ebook is published and sold by Cathy James at NurtureStore.co.uk. Please direct any customer service queries regarding purchases of the ebook to email@example.com.
Do you have a favorite playful literacy or math activity for our family to try?
Share comments and feedback below, on my Facebook page, or by tagging me on Instagram. Sign up for my newsletter to receive book recommendations, crafts, activities, and parenting tips in your inbox every week.
MaryAnne lives is a craft loving educator, musician, photographer, and writer who lives in Silicon Valley with her husband Mike and their four children.
5 thoughts on “40+ Playful Literacy and Math Activities Kids Love”
Congrats on contributing to another ebook! You always have such great ideas.
This looks like an amazing collection of ideas for getting kids ready for kindergarten!
Yay for fun learning activities!
The activities in this book look so cool.
Comments are closed.