My 10yo made this 3D printed dragon using a free template from 3Doodler. Post also includes goals for August 2018.
A 3D Pen Drawn Dragon
We had an amazing July, spent mostly in the United Kingdom. Reviewing the 3Doodler Create+ 3D printing pen was a non-traveling highlight for the kids, and I’ve been amazed at the stuff the kids create. My ten-year-old son used a template from the 3Doodler website to create this 3D printed dragon. Note that the pen is recommended for ages 12 and up, because the tip gets extremely hot. My son is used to using adult art tools, and he was always supervised. The 3Doodler Start is a brilliant 3D printing pen solution for younger kids.
Setting Goals for August 2018
My July goals were very simple, since I knew we would be traveling. I met up with my closest high school friends in Vienna on my 38th birthday, and our time in Scotland and England was incredible. My 5yo sewed an adorable tiny teddy bear for Sew a Softie month.
August is a busy month! In August I hope to:
- Celebrate Mike, Anna, and Lily’s birthdays. Lily is planning a unicorn themed sleepover that I should be able to squeeze into August. Anna wants a bird themed party that will probably get pushed into September, because life is hectic. If you have any fun bird or unicorn themed crafts or activities, send them my way!
- Welcome Emma back from the 32-mile hike she is currently on (she gets back Saturday).
- Settle the kids back into a school routine.
- Review the eighth grade curriculum package that Timberdoodle sent us. Review is live here!
- Work with my youngest daughter Anna on reading using All About Reading – also sent to us by Timberdoodle.
- Enjoy our first ever homeschool conference.
I’m also working on some cool hot glue crafting, crocheted unicorns, and lots educational activities for kids. I’ll put the biggest hits up on the blog!
What are your goals for August 2018? My friend Cassie also just spent 5 weeks traveling and is getting back into everyday life. Share goals in the comments below, on my Facebook page, or by tagging me on Instagram.