Books and activities for the 2017-18 Virtual Book Club for Kids. A great resource for parents, teachers, and homeschoolers! Find books and themes from the 2016-17 Virtual Book Club for Kids season here.
Books and Activities for the 2017-18 Virtual Book Club for Kids
Fall Virtual Book Club for Kids Picks
- September 11th: Apples theme. Book: Ten Red Apples by Pat Hutchins
- September 18th: Leaves theme. Book: Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf by Lois Ehlert
- September 25th: Acorns & Squirrels theme. Book: Scaredy Squirrel by Melanie Watt
- October 2nd: Farm theme. Book: Click Clack Moo, Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin
- October 9th: Monsters theme. Book: Go Away, Big Green Monster by Ed Emberley
- October 16th: Pumpkins theme. Book: Five Little Pumpkins by Dan Yaccarino
- October 23rd: Witches and Potions theme. Book: Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson
- October 30th Bats theme. Book: Stellaluna by Janell Cannon
Fall Virtual Book Club Activities
Apple Theme Learning Activities
Leaf Theme Learning Activities
Acorn and Squirrel Learning Activities
Farm Themed Learning Activities
Monster Themed Learning Activities
Pumpkin Themed Learning Activities
Witches and Potion Themed Learning Activities
Bat Themed Learning Activities
November and December Picture Books for the Virtual Book Club for Kids
- Anna Dewdney’s Llama Llama Red Pajama captures perfectly that young child struggling to go to bed. Both my children and I identify with this story!
- Freight Train by Donald Crews captures children’s imaginations, while offering a great way to explore colors.
- Laura Numeroff’s Merry Christmas, Mouse! is a counting book with a Christmas ornaments theme.
- Gingerbread Baby is one of my family’s favorite Jan Brett books. I love her twist on this classic story.
- Rhyming text by Robert L. May and delightful illustrations from Antonio Javier Caparo charm in this version of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
November and December Virtual Book Club Activities
Bedtime Themed Learning Activities
Learn about our storytelling routine to help kids get ready for bed, along with other bedtime themed learning activities to go along with Anna Dewdney’s Llama Llama Red Pajama.