As a room mom for my son’s second grade classroom, I spent a fair amount of time finding fun Valentine’s Day party ideas for kids this year. I thought it would be fun to share my favorites here! These posts win my approval as Valentine’s Day class activities because they are relatively easy to set up, look like fun for the kids, and can be done by several children at once with only one parent or teacher supervising.
Valentine’s Day Class Party Ideas
Valentine’s Day is a pretty big deal at my kids’ school! All three kids will be exchanging valentines AND enjoying class parties. Thankfully I am only in charge of my second grader’s party – together with a very cool mom who shares my room mom job.
- Chalk Stencil Heart Collage from Buggy and Buddy
- Measuring with Candy Hearts from Buggy and Buddy.
- Wool Heart Wreath Decorations from zingzingtree
- Valentine Heart Paper Chain from Juggling Act Mama
- Valentine’s Day I Spy Game Printable from Live Laugh Rowe
- Valentine Bookmark Coloring Printable from Balancing Home
- Valentine’s Day Word Puzzle from The Resourceful Mama
- Fruit Ladybugs from The Soccer Mom Blog
- Heart Fruit Kabobs from Life in Wonderland
- Valentine’s Day Heart Toss Game from Little Family Fun
These ten posts were my favorites for the purposes of my son’s second grade Valentine’s Day class party. If you are still searching for inspiration, there are plenty of other fun ideas on my Valentine’s Day for Kids Pinterest board! I also recommend the heart friend craft in this post from my own blog for a class party, and the rest of the crafts in that post for fun at home!
How does your family celebrate Valentine’s Day? Is it a big deal at your kids’ school? If you homeschool, do you celebrate at home or with other homeschool families?