We made this card for Mike as Day 11 of our Week of Valentines, and on the front we listed 11 reasons Mike is the Best Dad Ever. The list (compiled by Emma):
- You give the birds food (Mike refills our bird feeder)
- You play with Emma and Johnny
- You bring home treats
- Hop on Pop (inspired by Dr. Seuss, Mike lets the kids jump on his stomach)
- You let Emma play with your [wedding] ring
- You fix things (Mike was credited by Emma for restoring power after our recent blackout)
- You put Emma and sometimes Johnny to bed
- You love Emma and Johnny and the baby in Mama’s tummy
- You love Mama
As for other crafts…
First, an easy way to spice up a simple construction paper valentine. Instead of cutting out hearts or other shapes out of construction paper for your child to glue onto the card, cut the hearts out of felt. One of Emma’s little friends gave her a simple construction paper valentine with little felt hearts and kitty cats glued on. Emma loved feeling the soft shapes, and she’s been carrying the card around nonstop.
And now, a few Valentine’s Day crafts from other blogs that look like fun:
- Simple to make and very cool Valentine Stamps from Lucky Me!
- Envelope with Heart Closure complete with PDF templates from Chocolate On My Cranium (this craft is probably best for older children)
And finally, three projects that require some sewing and could make fun Valentine’s Day gifts for kids: