Easy and fun crafts, activities, and books to celebrate St Patrick’s Day with Kids. Perfect for class parties, or to enjoy at home.
Easy and Fun Ways to Celebrate St Patrick’s Day with Kids
Today I am sharing some very easy and fun ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with kids. I’ve stuck with very simple ideas that require only basic materials. I hope they help you run a fun St. Patrick’s Day party, at home or for a class in school!
Simple St. Patricks Day Crafts for Kids
- This shamrock man craft reminds me of our heart friend – so cute!
- Make these fun shamrock hats.
- Get creative with a rainbow coloring page.
- Make a leprechaun.
- Decorate shamrocks with washi tape.
- Make rainbow wreaths.
- Decorate the windows.
Easy St. Patrick’s Day Activities
- Make a rainbow of play dough colors for the kids to play with.
- Try this rainbow milk science experiment.
- Learn a little physics while mixing food coloring and water.
- Go on a leprechaun hunt.
- Build a leprechaun trap.
St. Patrick’s Day Books for Kids
Story time with the right book is always a fun addition to a themed party! Here are some great St. Patrick’s Day books for children.
Learn the story of the real St. Patrick – and the history behind St. Patrick’s Day with this picture book.
Read How to Catch a Leprechaun before you build those leprechaun traps!
Learn what happens when you actually catch a leprechaun in The Night Before St. Patrick’s Day.
What are leprechauns really like? Get the “facts” in That’s What Leprechauns Do.
Learn about Irish traditions with this St. Patrick’s Day Alphabet book.
The Leprechaun King has locked away ALL of Ireland’s luck! Learn how one girl saves the day in Fiona’s Luck.
In The Story of the Leprechaun, a leprechaun has to outwit a boy named Tim to keep his pot of gold safe.
More St. Patrick’s Day Party Ideas for Kids
Today’s post is part of a blog hop! Check out these fun ideas from my co-hosts:
- Luck of the Irish Mickey Mouse Oreo Pops from Crafty Mama in ME
- Leprechaun Graham Cracker House from Joy in the Works
- Lucky Clover Wood Magnet Craft from Playdough & Popsicles
- Gold Glitter Slime Recipe from The Moments at Home
Do you know more fun ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with kids? How about a book we should read? Please share any ideas you have on my Facebook page, or tag me on Instagram. Sign up for my newsletter to receive book recommendations, crafts, activities, and parenting tips in your inbox every week.