August flew by in our house! We are all enjoying getting to know Baby Anna! Anna isn’t quite as enthusiastic about being held by her siblings as her siblings are about holding her, but we have discovered that my nursing pillow makes an excellent support device to help young children safely hold a baby – under close supervision, of course!
Everyone has been enjoying time outside – we’ve had several days of gorgeous, cooler weather. Emma managed to track down the white glue (I didn’t hide it very well), but I’ve let it slide since she has moved (most of) her messy crafting outdoors.
Anna really enjoys spending time outside, and she thinks grass is pretty interesting stuff!
I can’t believe my baby is nearly one month old! This first month with Anna is truly flying by. She continues to be a delightfully mellow baby, although she is getting more vocal about expressing her opinions!
My goals for August were very simple – to enjoy our new baby and visiting family! It was very easy to do both!
I’ll keep September goals simple, too:
- Get the kids settled in school. Target Area: education
- Declutter and organize the house – specifically, go through the kids’ clothes and toys. Target Area: health and peace
- Work on helping my kids see how they can help others. I have a few projects in mind that I’ll elaborate on soon! Target Area: gratitude
- Come up with a fun activity for the Virtual Book Club for Kids – Lois Ehlert is the author this month! Do you have a favorite Lois Ehlert book? We got several from the library yesterday to read. Target Area: education
Want to join the Virtual Book Club? It’s easy:
- Comment below and let us know that you are joining in!
- Pick your favorite book by that month’s author (or a new one you want to check out) and read it with your child or class.
- Create an activity, project, craft, cooking project, etc. related to the book and do it.
- Come back and share it with us as part of a big blog hop on the third Monday of the month. The linky will be live for 3 weeks, so if you aren’t ready to post on the exact date… just join in when you can!
Here are some of the blogs already participating:
How was August in your house? What are you hoping to accomplish in September?