How to Make a Penguin Sensory Bin – simple steps for setting up a fun penguin themed invitation to play.
This week we read Penguin and the Pinecone by Salina Yoon and I put together a simple sensory bin. Four-year-old Anna loved this invitation to play, and even my older kids pulled it out during the week.
If you are looking for another penguin themed book to go with this activity, Penguin Problems by Jory John is a fun pick.
How to Make a Penguin Themed Sensory Bin
This penguin sensory bin was very easy to put together! I did order the penguin TOOB just for this activity. I typically stick with items we already own, but I felt pretty certain that these penguins would get a lot of play dime. I was right!
We already owned the dominoes that became water and ice. The tray is from IKEA, and we use it all the time for all sorts of activities.
I had stuck only the clear blue, light blue, white, and clear dominoes in the bin. Anna decided that the penguins needed some gold, and so she added some yellow (gold) dominoes.
A good sensory bin keeps kids of all ages engaged – and it’s a great way to decompress after school!
More Penguin-Themed Learning Activities for Kids
Penguin and the Pinecone by Salina Yoon was this week’s Virtual Book Club read, and my blog friends came up with some wonderful book activities! Penguin Problems by Jory John is a fun book that also works for this theme.
Literacy Activities with a Penguin Theme
- Penguin Name Matching Game from Toddler Approved
- Penguin Themed Alphabet Game from The Educator’s Spin On It
- Penguin Themed Sight Word Spin and Read from Sea of Knowledge
Learning Math with Penguins
- Penguin Ice Flow Counting Game from Rainy Day Mum
Penguin Themed Sensory Play
- Another Penguin Sensory Bin from Clare’s Little Tots
Painting and Penguin Crafts for Kids
- Penguin Colors Painting Activity from My Storytime Corner
- Painting Penguins for Toddlers from Inspiration Laboratories
- Penguin Pinecone Craft for Kids from To Be a Kid Again
Music & Movement Penguin Learning
- A Penguin Action Song and Gross Motor Activities from JDaniel4’s Mom
- Penguin Action Rhyme for Kids from Preschool Powol Packets
THE 2016-17 VIRTUAL BOOK CLUB FOR KIDS
Click on the image above to see all of the themes, books, and activities for this year’s 2016-17 Virtual Book Club for Kids! I am updating the page as new posts go live.
Do you have a penguin themed learning activity for children that we should try? Let me know in the comments. You can also share photos as well as book suggestions and activity ideas on my Facebook page, or tag me on Instagram. Sign up for my newsletter to receive kids activities, crafts, and parenting tips in your inbox every week.