As regular readers of this blog already know, I’m introducing a guest posting geography series on this blog beginning in two weeks (June 2nd). Our first stop will be Egypt, courtesy of Elisa at Blissful E.
I would love for anyone who is interested to participate! What I’m looking for is a post about a country, city, or state that you know well, presented in a child-friendly format. Ideally, parents following the series will learn a little about the country, city, or state, and get some ideas of ways to teach their child about that location as well. Some things you might consider sharing:
- One paragraph bio of famous person from this location
- What they eat for breakfast or a signature food or kid friendly recipe
- Something invented in that country
- An animal or plant that is native/important to that country
- Craft product originating from that country
- A link to somewhere you can listen to a piece of music from that country.
- Name of an author or children’s book from that country
Special thanks to Katherine for helping me out with this list of suggestions! Guest posts will also be linked up each week to the Geography & History series at Children Grow Children Explore Children Learn.
Would you like to contribute a guest post? Email mamasmilesblog at gmail dot com with your country/state/city suggestion, and I’ll get you a spot on the calendar!