This is a fun and easy Halloween countdown that your kids will love! We even have a list of Halloween activities to add for kids to enjoy as they count down!
Emma and Johnny are really excited about Halloween this year. They made this Halloween countdown chain, complete with fancy edging on the black links. The idea is that they remove on link per day to help them count down the days, but so far they have refused to remove a single link. I’m thinking maybe we should start punching holes in the links instead!
Halloween Countdown Activities
You can also write an activity on the links that they can complete each day while they wait! Here are a few ideas to get started:
- Carve pumpkins
- Make up your own costume!
- Do a Halloween-themed science experiment!
- Make Jack O’ Lantern chains
- Decorate pumpkins with Sharpie pens
- Make a Jack O’ Lantern mask
- Make Kleenex Ghosts
- Decorate paper pumpkins
- Make a wall of pumpkins!
- Sew a monster stuffie you can decorate – over and over!
- Make your own uglydoll-inspired softie
- Add googly eyes to play dough for creative monster fun
- Use household materials to design Fancy Pumpkins
- Make a no-sew ghost hand puppet
- Read your favorite Halloween-themed books
- Enjoy dry ice ice cream
- Try some easy pumpkin crafts
- Do some Halloween themed writing
- Make these easy Halloween crafts
- Play with a Halloween-themed felt board
- Sew a friendly felt alien
Join my mailing list for more fun learning ideas for kids in your inbox each week!